Observations From A Bicoastal Family



Friday, August 6, 2010

God Bless America

The one thing that really hits me everyday are how many American flags I see.  We arrived here at the end of June.  So I certainly can understand the feeling of patriotism that people wanted to display with Independence Day just around the corner.  But I need to point out that when I visited during  Thanksgiving last year I was hit with the same impression: the people here are very patriotic or at the very minimum have a sense of where they live and show appreciation for it. 

July Fourth was a month ago but I see the same American flags up and down main street in every borough that I drive through.  I like it.  I like it a lot.


Okay, maybe I wouldn't put a hundred in my yard.

I like going old school with the flags too...with an angle even.
Classic

I would put one on a tree if I couldn't find a place for it on the house.



I've seen several homes with posts just for the flag ( I don't know why this is blurry)



The house of money, I mean the New York Stock Exchange, represents very well.

Almost every subway car has a flag on it.

I understand that New York City is one of the top destinations for people all over the world. 
Not ever being on my list of anticipatory destinations, I appreciate the diversity I see and I appreciate the respect I see for what American has to offer people. So, as I drive or walk around this area I can't help but think to myself everyday, "May God Bless America."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the USA! Reminds me of just after 911.