Observations From A Bicoastal Family



Monday, August 16, 2010

Observations Poolside

Someday I will write the books that have already been written in my head.
One of those books will be about the beauty beheld in a confident person.
In a confident woman to be exact.

I'm not sure why, as women, we feel so compelled to judge each other so harshly.
We should stick up for each other.
We should be kinder than we are.
We all walk around with things that we don't like about our physical appearance.
But it's like we can't help ourselves when we people watch to notice all the imperfections of others.
As if we aren't boldy aware of them already.
I'm guilty as charged.

So, the observation we've made at the pool this summer:
People are white at the beginning of summer.  It's not because we aren't in California.
Kids seem a little more punk-ish in New Jersey than in California.  We could be wrong about this one.
Guys have it much easier when choosing what to wear poolside.
Women who walk with confidence can pretty much wear any modest bathing suit.

I've only had my camera at the pool twice and these are the only people I've taken pictures of:


We love summer!


No comments: