Observations From A Bicoastal Family



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weather Confusion

As my fingers hit the keys I am listening to the sound of rain coming into every open window of this house.  I ran down stairs to take a picture of puddling water and cute feet.
 I'm not convinced July is the month for rain.


  
I know when Scott moved here last June he said that it had rained everyday.  Everyday. Really?  I'm not convinced June is the month for rain either.

We arrived in New York on a Sunday and it was partly cloudy with a chance of rain.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  Was this fake Southern California rain?  Or were they talking about real rain?  It did rain Sunday afternoon but it was just the fake kind.



This is Alec collecting rain for his Venus Fly Trap on Sunday.  Rain water is the best type of water for those plants.  I know what you're thinking.  And the answer is, no, we did not buy the VFT on Sunday.  We carried it on the plane with us.  Alec thought it would love the humidity.




A few days ago we had really strange weather.  Well, we had strange weather by California standards.  We had a slight sprinkle that turned into a down pour.  The down pour lasted for over an hour.  The rain cleared up but it was still over cast.  We decided to head to the pool because it was really hot.  By the time we got to the pool the sun was shining and it was beautiful out.  A couple of hours later the clouds rolled in and we swam in the rain.

I'm about to publish this post and the rain is still pouring out of the sky.  I'm still not convinced this type of rain is acceptable in July.
 













 

6 comments:

Melanie said...

A venus fly trap on the plane is almost as good as jello, but not quite.

Love you guys!

Hazel bee said...

I want to swim in that pool...it looks so fun. Great pictures. Sounds like you guys are having fun.

Hazel bee said...

Jedi is actually Amy...if you were confused. But Jed would like to swim in that pool too...

Scott and Denise said...

Okey... bringing the venus fly trap with us does sound a little loopy. I just didn't want to burden someone with the watching of it! You know it eats spiders, flies etc. I don't have very many friends so I need to keep the ones I have!

I love that the screen name is Jedi! How funny! I'm sure you've seen the Star Wars voices for the TomTom GPS by now... if not, Utube it. It's awesome!

Nicki said...

I want to swim in that pool, it looks way fun! I love the pic of Jenna and Heath in the rain!

Scott and Denise said...

This people is saving our lives from the heat/humidity. It's a huge place with diving boards, lanes, kid pool, and a slide - I have pix of the slide but they are boring!